Monday 24 March 2014

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish | Review


Hello readers!
  Now, if you're anything like me, you'll be sick to death of people ranting and raving about this product but hopefully I can give a bit of a different outlook on this cleanser.

I've been using this cleanser twice a day, everyday for a few months now (maybe 4?) and if I'm to be completely honest - my skin has gotten so much worse! Before I just used Simple everything -Simple face wash, exfoliating gel, toner and moisturiser and my face was almost completely clear, save a few blemishes and spots but now my skin is completely covered in spots and redness that wasn't there before I started using and at first I was like 'oh my skin is just purging' like it tends to do when you start using the Clarisonic so I've been keeping it up, same routine, but no.. My skin isn't purging, the product just doesn't work!

The consistency of the cleanser is very creamy but almost a gel and also a little oily, which is quite nice. It spreads on the skin really easily and has a very fresh and very potent scent of eucalyptus that can be a little overwhelming - I find it to be, especially in the mornings but its nice in the evening just before bed.

The cloth that comes with it, I don't know if its just me but I find it to be really scratchy and rough on my skin - that could be because of how sensitive my skin is, but I really don't like the cloth that comes with it, I much prefer using a muslin cloth that was meant for babies as its gentle and soft and just lovely on my skin.

I have very sensitive skin - I cant even use Johnsons baby oils - and thought that this would be great for my skin as it has all natural ingredients but I am very very disappointed to say that buying this product was a complete waste of money (the 100ml bottle costs almost £15).

I am now going back to my Simple face routine and, hopefully, we will see some improvement. If not, it'll be to the doctor for me!

Let me know in the comments if this has happened to any of you, I will be very happy to hear about it!

You can tweet/follow me at TheRachelQueue, to keep up to date on future posts -  which would be lovely! You can also follow me on Bloglovin' (there is an icon to the right).

Thanks for reading,
                              RQ x

PS ~ posted a 'No makeup selfie' on instagram for Cancer Research, you can see the redness and the blemishes on my skin brought on by this product. Instagram is therachelqueue x


No comments:

Post a Comment